POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday WTF : Re: Friday WTF Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday WTF
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 Feb 2011 09:06:43
Message: <4d627173$1@news.povray.org>
Le 21/02/2011 10:13, Invisible a écrit :

> For my part, the entire reason that I'm using Excel is that I *want*
> graphs. If it were somehow possible to make gnuplot draw graphs from CSV
> data, I'd use that. (It's scriptable, after all.) But since it isn't,
> I'm stuck with Excel.

Your friend on unix would be ploticus.
The script can read a separated data file in csv...

scripting in ploticus has a strange learning curve, best to copy & paste
from their gallery then play a bit.

For the lazy and/or always overbooked people:
http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/welcome.html

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.