POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Monitoring prices (Message 51 to 60 of 106)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Monitoring prices
Date: 11 Feb 2011 06:51:15
Message: <4d5522b3$1@news.povray.org>
>> What we're
>> debating is how many people earn such an insane amount of money that
>> thousands of pounds is nothing to them.
>
> Interesting how you see it. I thought that it was about how a few
> thousand pounds was not out of the price range of someone with a decent
> job.

By that analysis, I don't know *anybody* with "a decent job". (Or
perhaps I just don't go around measuring everybody...)

Ah, Jobserve. If only these jobs actually existed. I loose track of how
many of them I've applied for. :-/

>>> I can say, quite categorically, that you have met and had a drink with
>>> at least three people in that bracket.
>>
>> Really? How do you compute that?
>
> I remember meeting you along with Dr John and Steve. I won't speak for
> John but I know his what his job is and can guess what he earns,
> roughly. Steve's workshop had a turnover of 2.5 million pounds per year
> before he died. So even at 4% commission that put him in the six figure
> bracket. As for me, I'm an independent functional consultant for SAP.

Damn. I had no idea I was in the company of such giants! o_O

Post a reply to this message