POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Feb 2011 07:05:12
Message: <4d5525f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/02/2011 11:56 AM, scott wrote:
>> By that analysis, I don't know *anybody* with "a decent job".
>
> FYI, results of the 2010 salary survey, with percentiles:

Ooo, data. Interesting.

The (arithmetic?) mean and median are both around twenty-something,

puts you in almost the 75th percentile. (I would have expected it to be
much higher than that, actually.)

No surprises, but if you earn as little as me, you're in about the 30th
percentile...

(It's not a lot of money, but there must be lots of other people doing
unskilled temp work too, which is presumably why it's the 30th and not
the 3rd.)