POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  The danger of Kinect (Message 21 to 30 of 32)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: The danger of Kinect
Date: 31 Jan 2011 11:21:43
Message: <4d46e197@news.povray.org>
>> I could see RTS games working with it well. Wave with one hand to
>> sweep the camera about, grasp a unit to instruct it, wave a circle to
>> group a section that sort of thing.
>
> yep, pretty Minority Report stuff. That was part of the deal.

Just you wait until we get the holographic projection systems that have
been "just around the corner" for the last 40 years...

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 31 Jan 2011 11:56:29
Message: <4d46e9bd$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
>>> I could see RTS games working with it well. Wave with one hand to
>>> sweep the camera about, grasp a unit to instruct it, wave a circle to
>>> group a section that sort of thing.
>>
>> yep, pretty Minority Report stuff. That was part of the deal.
>
> Just you wait until we get the holographic projection systems that have
> been "just around the corner" for the last 40 years...

hey, seems now stereoscopic 3D is the deal and it's been around for more
than a century now. :)

some things from fiction spread faster than others.  Another cool thing
from Minority Report was the way people would move data around, by
literally dragging the data around, even from one display to another
first physically dragging it onto some mobile display.  I believe the
tech for this is already out with smartphones and wifi.  Touch displays
soon enough will be a reality for desktops as well, so the last part of
the equation is done.

However, I'd still rather much exchange all this for those roads
crossing buildings... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message