POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  The danger of Kinect (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: The danger of Kinect
Date: 29 Jan 2011 12:20:00
Message: <web.4d444b491600acae9a1bcfb90@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Warp escreveu:
> > >   This problem with the Kinect was predicted even before it was released,
> > > and it does indeed seem to happen:
> > >
> > > http://failblog.org/2010/11/10/epic-fail-video-kinect-fail/
> > > http://failblog.org/2011/01/26/epic-fail-video-kinect-awareness-fail/
>
> > wiimote all over again...
>
>   Not really. The vast majority of Wii games can be played while sitting,
> and you don't usually need to swing the controller around all that much.
> Just slight movements are enough.

yes, it's essentially just a gyroscope.  But this wasn't well understood back
then and people would often actually pull the whole tennis player motion,
leading to the many "wiimote fail" videos on youtube.

I don't know if back then the wiimote didn't come with the security cord...

Post a reply to this message