POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect : Re: The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The danger of Kinect
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 31 Jan 2011 06:33:56
Message: <op.vp57q8x6mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:07:10 -0000, nemesis
<nam### [at] gmailcom> did spake thusly:

> Darren New escreveu:
>> The other games I've seen are rather lame, tho.  Hopefully they'll get
>> better, but it's hard to imagine how you're gonna take something like
>> Batman and turn it into a kinect game.
>
> you won't.  New controllers mean new kinds of games, not adapting old
> stuff to the new scheme.

I could see RTS games working with it well. Wave with one hand to sweep
the camera about, grasp a unit to instruct it, wave a circle to group a
section that sort of thing.

The current crop of FPS I don't think will work except the on-rails or
limited choice movement types such as the new Rez-type game or the Time
Crisis series.

The trouble is as a full body detector it really is geared for small burst
games which in turn tends towards either the casual or a group thing
taking turns. That's fine, so long as it doesn't neglect the more
hard-core gamer.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com