POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 481 to 490 of 520)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 31 Jan 2011 17:27:18
Message: <4d473746$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:53:28 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> Those that do, do.
> Those that can't, joke ;-)
>
>>> Not by me! :-(
>>
>> Nor me, I'm not smart enough to monetize it.  :-)
>>

> You mean that you can't make money from it? <gd&rvvf>

Indeed, we said the same thing. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jan 2011 17:36:19
Message: <4d473963@news.povray.org>
On 31/01/2011 10:27 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:53:28 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> Those that do, do.
>> Those that can't, joke ;-)

>>> Nor me, I'm not smart enough to monetize it.  :-)
>>>

>> You mean that you can't make money from it?<gd&rvvf>
>
> Indeed, we said the same thing. ;-)

If you say so. O_O

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Jan 2011 19:39:40
Message: <4d47564c$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:36:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> You mean that you can't make money from it?<gd&rvvf>
>>
>> Indeed, we said the same thing. ;-)
>>

> If you say so. O_O

I don't, but the Oxford English Dictionary does, with the earliest usage
they document coming from 1867.

Definition 1.b.:

To convert (an asset, debt, etc.) into money, to realize the value of (an
asset, debt, etc.) as currency; spec. to convert (government debt) to a
more liquid form, as by redeeming Treasury bills or replacing bonds with
bills. Also: to assess in terms of monetary value.

:-P

(It's your dictionary, not mine <g>)

Jim

Post a reply to this message