POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 121 to 130 of 520)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 18 Jan 2011 05:34:10
Message: <4d356ca2@news.povray.org>
> What can I say other than I’ve got one and you haven’t?

I guess...

> Well I could say school dictionaries are abridged, your school bought
> cheap dictionaries etc.

Well it was big enough. If you had hit somebody over the head with it,
they would probably have a concussion.

> The dictionary on the Sony is not a freebie it is licenced by the OED
> and if you were to buy it, it would cost you money.

So how come it doesn't cost you money then?

> BTW "indefatigable" is in this dictionary.

How about "frobnicate"?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 Jan 2011 05:36:17
Message: <4d356d21$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/01/2011 9:41 AM, andrel wrote:
> advantage to who? (or is that whom, one of the finer details that is
> lost on me).

Use he/him to decide who/whom, correctness.

So as "advantage to he" sounds wrong it must be "advantage to whom".

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message