POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: andrel
Date: 18 Jan 2011 05:50:35
Message: <4D357089.9000408@gmail.com>
On 18-1-2011 11:36, Stephen wrote:
> On 18/01/2011 9:41 AM, andrel wrote:
>> advantage to who? (or is that whom, one of the finer details that is
>> lost on me).
>
> Use he/him to decide who/whom, correctness.
>
> So as "advantage to he" sounds wrong it must be "advantage to whom".

Thanks, that should be easy to remember.

I have the feeling that I do not see that often people using whom, is
that so or is that because I mainly talk to people for whom it is a
second language?

Was it the not the nine o'clock news where they had a sketch about a
student handing in the same paper over and over that turned out to be
about who/whom? It must be on youtube, but how to find it?

And the sketch about 2 pilots that crashed in Antarctica and one ate the
other. The final defence (after some lame excuses about penguins) when
interrogated for murder was that the guy wanted it that way and not the
other way around, because he was a vegetarian. (though this could very
well be fry and laurie)