POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Molecular biology Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Molecular biology (Message 76 to 85 of 465)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Molecular biology
Date: 10 Jan 2011 07:16:01
Message: <4d2af881@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Well, there are plenty of other plants that are so mutated that they are
> now incapable of reproducing for themselves but for some special animal
> that farms them. (I might mention, for example, the fungi that
> leafcutter ants culture, for example.) The natural world is full of
> complex partnerships such as this. I don't think you could call the
> banana "unatural".

  Well, many people seem to think that anything that is man-made (or only
possible because of human intervetion) is by definition artificial and
unnatural (and hence obviously harmful).

  There seems to be this notion that "mother nature" protects people from
harm as long as humans don't tamper with her ways. In other words, as
long as something is deemed as "natural" (the product of natural processes
without human intervention) it's good and harmless, while anything that is
deemed as "artficial" is harmful (to both people and nature).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message