POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Molecular biology Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Molecular biology (Message 41 to 50 of 465)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Molecular biology
Date: 8 Jan 2011 13:28:23
Message: <4d28acc7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I think your view is biased. I don't see how "the story of Genesis is
> only an allegory, it did not happen literally" would discredit the entirety
> of christianity.

What did Jesus die for, if there is no original sin? Indeed, why should
anyone worship YHVH if he *isn't* the creator?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jan 2011 13:29:43
Message: <4d28ad17$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 7-1-2011 17:51, Invisible wrote:
>
>> And it's /still/ not science. You know why? No testable predictions. Not
>> a single damned one.
>
> So mathematics is not science?

No, math is not science. Science is finding what versions of math (i.e.,
axioms and productions and such) are isomorphic to reality.  There are
tremendous swaths of math that have nothing to do with science.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

> >   I think your view is biased. I don't see how "the story of Genesis is
> > only an allegory, it did not happen literally" would discredit the entirety
> > of christianity.

> What did Jesus die for, if there is no original sin? Indeed, why should
> anyone worship YHVH if he *isn't* the creator?

  The question is literal interpretation vs. allegorical interpretation.
Just because something is written figuratively doesn't mean that it's not
describing a real event. The details may be fictitious, but it may still
be describing what happened.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message