POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Molecular biology Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Molecular biology (Message 361 to 370 of 465)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Molecular biology
Date: 28 Jan 2011 12:56:44
Message: <4d43035c$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:49:33 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Only if everyone that does so wins the lotto.

Well, I was being very simplistic - it probably wouldn't be stated as
"you will win the lotto" but something more generic - "you will come into
some cash".  That's how that sort of thing actually is done.

So someone who wins the lotto will see it as predicting their winning the
lotto.  Someone who finds $20 on the street will see that as being
confirmation that it was "predicted".

> Otherwise, not so much.
> Its also rather fiddly. Some morons will take nearly anything as an
> example of "success".

So, are you saying that being optimistic is moronic?  Because after all,
optimists tend to take what they see that's positive as a sign of success.

Jim

Post a reply to this message