POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Molecular biology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Molecular biology (Message 266 to 275 of 465)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Molecular biology
Date: 14 Jan 2011 18:09:08
Message: <4D30D7A0.20805@gmail.com>
On 14-1-2011 18:13, Darren New wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> Does that prove that there is nothing "running" our universe - ie it's
>> not some computer simulation inside another far more complex universe?
>
> It means that there isn't some "value" that exists before we measure it.
> It's possible that the super-universe is simulating ours, but if so,
> that super-universe also has purely random interactions in it.

And that would make the idea of that super universe superfluous. By
applying occam's razor the answer is therefore: yes. Surprising isn't it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jan 2011 18:20:41
Message: <4d30da49$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> And that would make the idea of that super universe superfluous.

Not necessarily. Only in this one particular case. The super-universe might
be controlling the probabilities, for example, or the constants like c or q.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: