POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Molecular biology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Molecular biology (Message 226 to 235 of 465)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Molecular biology
Date: 13 Jan 2011 07:06:52
Message: <4d2eeadc@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:01:50 -0500, Warp wrote:

> > Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> >> I fail to see how telling
> >> people "if you believe in something, practice it" comes even close to
> >> establishing a state-sponsored religion
> >
> >   For fair balance, shouldn't there be a "Nation Day of Atheism"? You
> >   can
> > make the exact same arguments: It's not promoting atheism nor forcing
> > anybody to be atheist. You can be atheist if you want, but it's your
> > choice.

> Actually, there is one - and it's usually (now) held on the same day as
> the NDP IIRC.

  Mandated by your congress, announced by your president?

  Yeah, exactly the same thing, really.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 13 Jan 2011 07:15:17
Message: <4d2eecd5@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >    The definition of species is related to genetics, not to behaviour.

> I disagree.

> By human intervention, you can cause all kinds of matings to occur that
> would never, ever happen in nature. That does /not/ mean that all
> animals are of the same species.

  The definition of species is that two individuals are of the same species
if they can create fertile offspring. Behavior is irrelevant.

  If a man never has sex with fat women by choice, that doesn't make the
man a different species. That would be just ludicrous.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message