POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I haven't read the entire paper yet, but the analogies are rather apt Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  I haven't read the entire paper yet, but the analogies are rather apt (Message 59 to 68 of 78)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: I haven't read the entire paper yet, but the analogies are ratherapt
Date: 12 Dec 2010 16:57:21
Message: <4d054541$1@news.povray.org>
>> extremely hard to find (especially if you don't now the proper
>> terminology),
>
> *Especially* before google.

Or if, like me, you utterly suck at research...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Dec 2010 16:59:19
Message: <4d0545b7$1@news.povray.org>
>> Thinking about it... No, I'm not very good at math. I never bother
>> proving things.
>
> You don't need unshakable solid proof for conjectures, so maybe you
> should stick to those. In my eyes that's mathematical enough.

A proof is usually a highly abstract sequence of logical steps which
demonstrates that something /is/ true. Myself, I'm usually more
interested in trying to get an intuitive feeling for /why/ it is true.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/