POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Question about the Big Bang (Message 44 to 53 of 53)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Question about the Big Bang
Date: 23 Nov 2010 11:12:53
Message: <4cebe805$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> What if, instead, it was just the universe which was repelling, and the
> "mass" of the other object was in fact a shield against that repulsion.

Already considered and tested. You would weigh less on the "back" of the
earth than the "front" because the earth was blocking repulsion particles
that are assumedly not moving along with the earth in its orbit.

Also, the "everything is expanding, so if you jump you don't fall but rather
the earth and your feet expand towards each other" theory can be trivially
disproven as well.

> Hence there is no graviton to find for the "fifth" force.
> It's just made up from the known ones (the 4 united...)

I'm pretty sure gravity is one of four, not five. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

>> What if, instead, it was just the universe which was repelling, and the
>> "mass" of the other object was in fact a shield against that repulsion.
>
> Already considered and tested. You would weigh less on the "back" of the
> earth than the "front" because the earth was blocking repulsion
> particles that are assumedly not moving along with the earth in its orbit.
>
> Also, the "everything is expanding, so if you jump you don't fall but
> rather the earth and your feet expand towards each other" theory can be
> trivially disproven as well.
>
>> Hence there is no graviton to find for the "fifth" force.
>> It's just made up from the known ones (the 4 united...)
>
> I'm pretty sure gravity is one of four, not five. :-)

The one who left before they became famous.

Post a reply to this message

> It seems gravitation has always been considered as "attraction between 2
> objetcs".

  Actually since about 1915 gravitation has been considered a side-effect
of the geometry of spacetime.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> I'm pretty sure gravity is one of four, not five. :-)
>>

> The one who left before they became famous.

LOL

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 23/11/2010 12:54 PM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> As an aside

As an aside to your aside:

Regards
     Stephen