POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Nov 2010 11:12:53
Message: <4cebe805$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> What if, instead, it was just the universe which was repelling, and the
> "mass" of the other object was in fact a shield against that repulsion.

Already considered and tested. You would weigh less on the "back" of the
earth than the "front" because the earth was blocking repulsion particles
that are assumedly not moving along with the earth in its orbit.

Also, the "everything is expanding, so if you jump you don't fall but rather
the earth and your feet expand towards each other" theory can be trivially
disproven as well.

> Hence there is no graviton to find for the "fifth" force.
> It's just made up from the known ones (the 4 united...)

I'm pretty sure gravity is one of four, not five. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: