POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Echoes from the past Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Echoes from the past (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Echoes from the past
Date: 18 Nov 2010 11:29:49
Message: <4ce5547d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Most of the "big" game engines (especially the Unreal Engine) support
> multithreading today,

Heck, even XNA supports it on the xbox. It's a bit funky to get it set up -
you have to create a thread, assign the thread to a core (some of which are
reserved), and then run the thread, and that thread never changes cores. But
it's supported if you want to do (say) physics on one core and rendering on
another.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: