POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really deep Mandelbrot zoom Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Really deep Mandelbrot zoom (Message 31 to 39 of 39)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom
Date: 8 Nov 2010 04:12:09
Message: <4cd7bee9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Holy crap!  FractInt is still maintained!  There goes today's hope of
>> doing actual work.
>
> Not well maintained, though.

No, there is that.

Then again, most of the recent questions on the FractInt mailing list
are "how do I make FractInt run under Windows XP?" or "how do I make an
MS-DOS boot disk?"

It's a powerful little program, for sure, but I fear it has been
somewhat left behind by now...

Post a reply to this message

> It's a powerful little program, for sure, but I fear it has been
> somewhat left behind by now...

Is it open source? It would seem to be the kind of thing that isn't hard to
keep up to date, at least at the core.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

> >> Holy crap!  FractInt is still maintained!  There goes today's hope of
> >> doing actual work.
> >
> > Not well maintained, though.

> No, there is that.

> Then again, most of the recent questions on the FractInt mailing list
> are "how do I make FractInt run under Windows XP?" or "how do I make an
> MS-DOS boot disk?"

> It's a powerful little program, for sure, but I fear it has been
> somewhat left behind by now...

  I would recommend XaoS. It might have all the features of fractint, but
most fractals can be zoomed in real-time, which makes it cool.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:54:16 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>> > Not well maintained, though.
>
>> No, there is that.
>
>> Then again, most of the recent questions on the FractInt mailing list
>> are "how do I make FractInt run under Windows XP?" or "how do I make an
>> MS-DOS boot disk?"
>
>> It's a powerful little program, for sure, but I fear it has been
>> somewhat left behind by now...
>
>   I would recommend XaoS. It might have all the features of fractint, but
> most fractals can be zoomed in real-time, which makes it cool.

I'd love to see a screensaver like that =)

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message