POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really deep Mandelbrot zoom : Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Nov 2010 04:24:11
Message: <4cd9133b$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/11/2010 05:54 PM, Warp wrote:

>    I would recommend XaoS. It might have all the features of fractint, but
> most fractals can be zoomed in real-time, which makes it cool.

On the other hand, it seems to be comparatively slow. And it doesn't
have arbitrary precision, so you can only zoom in so far. (Then again,
FractInt's arbitrary precision mode makes continental drift look fast,
so...)

It also has an annoying habit of sometimes "forgetting" to finish
rendering an image. Like, when you zoom in it's all blocks, and
gradually the resolution increases. But sometimes, it stops increasing
before it's finished.