POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PR nonesense Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  PR nonesense (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: PR nonesense
Date: 28 Oct 2010 11:45:42
Message: <4cc99aa6$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh, yeah. Like "we were so lax in our security that thousands of people
>> are now fraud victims. But please don't let that stop you shopping here,
>> it's quite safe..."
>>
>> Er, right.
>
> "We learned something from the experience and have changed things because
> our goal is for our customers to feel safe shopping with us.  We screwed
> up and we're sorry, but we've addressed the issue now."

See, maybe I'm just too cynical. I rather suspect that they actually
changed nothing at all, they just don't want to go bankrupt when all
their customers run away...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Oct 2010 15:34:24
Message: <4cc9d040@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:45:42 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> Heh, yeah. Like "we were so lax in our security that thousands of
>>> people are now fraud victims. But please don't let that stop you
>>> shopping here, it's quite safe..."
>>>
>>> Er, right.
>>
>> "We learned something from the experience and have changed things
>> because our goal is for our customers to feel safe shopping with us.
>> We screwed up and we're sorry, but we've addressed the issue now."
>
> See, maybe I'm just too cynical. I rather suspect that they actually
> changed nothing at all, they just don't want to go bankrupt when all
> their customers run away...

You're not old enough to be that cynical. ;-)

Seriously, they may not have changed anything, but it's more likely that
they did change something and aren't disclosing the specifics of what
they changed so as to protect their customers.  That's probably what I'd
do - never give the 'bad guys' any additional information they can use to
game the system or steal from people.

Jim

Post a reply to this message