POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PR nonesense : Re: PR nonesense Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PR nonesense
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Oct 2010 04:53:13
Message: <4cca8b79@news.povray.org>
> You're not old enough to be that cynical. ;-)

O RLY?

> Seriously, they may not have changed anything, but it's more likely that
> they did change something and aren't disclosing the specifics of what
> they changed so as to protect their customers.  That's probably what I'd
> do - never give the 'bad guys' any additional information they can use to
> game the system or steal from people.

Well, from what I read, they got hacked because they had little to no
security at all. (Specifically, somebody got access to their wireless
network because it was WEP, and then the traffic on that network was
completely unencrypted so they could just do whatever they wanted...)

While I imagine it's probably WPA and they probably put in a few
firewalls and a little authentication, I sorely doubt that any company
who failed to see what a spectacularly insecure system they'd built in
the first place would know how to *properly* secure their systems.