POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  An observation (Message 38 to 47 of 107)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: An observation
Date: 27 Oct 2010 12:14:37
Message: <4cc84fed@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I've not had that experience myself.  I'd be really surprised if that was
> a regular occurrence,

Well, it is for me.

I'll grant you it's entirely possible it's a hardware, power, or server
problem. But to the end user, that doesn't really matter that much.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion:

From: Darren New
Date: 27 Oct 2010 12:15:50
Message: <4cc85036$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 27/10/2010 1:33 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>>>
>>> Talk to someone who was around when phones switched from a switchboard
>>> to rotary dial, or from dial to push button. May be hard to find
>>> someone, but I bet they will give you a list of complaints similar to
>>> what you hear about computers.
>>
>> I met someone who didn't know how to turn on a cell phone just a couple
>> years ago.
>>

> When did you meet my wife?

Well, to be fair, the guy had been living on a tropical island for 15 years,
so it wasn't really surprising.  (Actually, it was surprising, since he had
said he'd lived with his wife in Australia for a while. It took me some time
to realize it must have been before the invention of cell phones.)