POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Andrew: Maxima or wxMaxima Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Andrew: Maxima or wxMaxima (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Andrew: Maxima or wxMaxima
Date: 27 Sep 2010 08:21:34
Message: <4ca08c4e$1@news.povray.org>
Andrew,

Since Facebook is blocked at work, to answer your question it's a
Computer Algebra System much like Mathmatica. I don't think it's quite
as capable as the Wolfram product, but it's free and solves equations,
does integration and differentiation and can plot graphs. Its syntax is
somewhat similar Mathmatica, but there are some differences. It's a
pretty nice package, I've played with it all weekend.

It would have been extremely helpful in many instances where I needed to
solve an equation for a particular variable in my work. Especially when
I was working with machinery and control systems.

It's definitely worth a look:

wxMaxima page:

http://wxmaxima.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
--