POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smart Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Smart (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Smart
Date: 27 Sep 2010 06:46:39
Message: <4ca0760f$1@news.povray.org>
This is a special hello to the driver who decided to park their car on
the grass verge just around a blind corner, and then got out of the car
and stood on the *opposite* side of the road... TO PICK BLACKBERRIES! >_<

1. What, you couldn't have stopped a bit further *away* from the
junction, so I have time to notice your car before I drive into it?

2. I especially love the way your car is blocking one side of the road,
and you're standing on the other side as well. Very nice.

Post a reply to this message

> This is a special hello to the driver who decided to park their car on
> the grass verge just around a blind corner, and then got out of the car
> and stood on the *opposite* side of the road... TO PICK BLACKBERRIES! >_<

Foraging at 40mph. Evolution in action.

Post a reply to this message

And lo On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:46:38 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> This is a special hello to the driver who decided to park their car on
> the grass verge just around a blind corner, and then got out of the car
> and stood on the *opposite* side of the road... TO PICK BLACKBERRIES! >_<
>
> 1. What, you couldn't have stopped a bit further *away* from the
> junction, so I have time to notice your car before I drive into it?
>
> 2. I especially love the way your car is blocking one side of the road,
> and you're standing on the other side as well. Very nice.

Yeah, but you know that's the way they were driving. The incident I see a
lot of is on a two-lane one-way system. The car parks in the left hand
lane, gets out into the road and then crosses to get to the Chinese
takeaway. It's a one-way street; it's not as if you're going to be facing
oncoming traffic or something, yet that's what everyone does.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message