POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smart : Re: Smart Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smart
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Sep 2010 12:31:25
Message: <4ca2185d$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Most silly in that situation: the driver which park on the left lane get
> outs of the car in the middle of the road... risking whatever might
> happen. Whereas, had it parked on the right lane, (s)he wouldn't even
> had to be in danger. Nahh, too easy!

There's speculation that the reason some drive on the left and some on the
right is the difference of dismounting a horse wearing a sword vs wearing a
pistol.

Having recently been in such places as Arcos, Spain, where many of the roads
are too narrow to walk two *people* abreast, where there's a bus stop in the
middle of one of the restaurants, and where the taxi drops you off two
blocks from the hotel because that's all the closer it can get, I must say
seeing these complaints is rather quaintly amusing. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: