POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Time sink Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Time sink (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Invisible
Subject: Time sink
Date: 23 Sep 2010 08:04:55
Message: <4c9b4267@news.povray.org>
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/wg.html

Caution: This may severely impact your spare time. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Time sink
Date: 23 Sep 2010 14:53:06
Message: <4c9ba212$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/wg.html
>
> Caution: This may severely impact your spare time. ;-)

ah, yes, oscillators and folks... but we already have so many great soft
synths out there...

Here's another time sink:
http://www.csounds.com/

or perhaps:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~music/nyquist/

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 24 Sep 2010 04:16:28
Message: <4c9c5e5c@news.povray.org>
On 23/09/2010 07:53 PM, nemesis wrote:

> ah, yes, oscillators and folks... but we already have so many great soft
> synths out there...
>
> http://www.csounds.com/

...and C-sound is not one of them. :-P

Besides, the link isn't about oscillators and filters, it's specifically
about how to use DSP to simulate real-world instruments and acoustic
effects. Kind of a "beyond the Kurplus-Strong algorithm" thing.

Post a reply to this message