POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  76% crazy (Message 42 to 51 of 51)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: 76% crazy
Date: 23 Sep 2010 08:32:46
Message: <4c9b48ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/22/2010 4:26 AM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:

> Seems to act as a good test of SVG support - it took 50+ seconds to load
> in Opera, about 15 in Firefox and about 10 in Chrome, but it seemed to
> not want to display properly in the latter until it had finished
> downloading.

It's definitely proof of something. When a puppy leaves a mess like that
on the floor ....

Seriously... SVG was never meant to render photos as vector art..

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 23 Sep 2010 13:48:09
Message: <4c9b92d9@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
>>> Interesting that a group of hackers who don't even have access to the
>>> spec managed to implement it better than the people who invented it, eh?
>>> :-P
>>>
>> You are assuming that there are no documents that crash in OO while
>> opening nicely in Word. Unless you can show that such cases do not exist
>> I will simply assume that both implementations are independent and have
>> a (hopefully) disjunct set of bugs.
>
> Dang. If only OpenOffice had been implemented in a programming language
> which facilitates operational proofs...

nothing prevents you from writing a static analyzer for java code and
work on from there... :p

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

>>> You are assuming that there are no documents that crash in OO while
>>> opening nicely in Word. Unless you can show that such cases do not exist
>>> I will simply assume that both implementations are independent and have
>>> a (hopefully) disjunct set of bugs.
>>
>> Dang. If only OpenOffice had been implemented in a programming language
>> which facilitates operational proofs...
>
> nothing prevents you from writing a static analyzer for java code and
> work on from there... :p

Ugh, why do so many people insist OpenOffice is written in Java, and
continue spreading the myth?

It's not Java, it's C++. Specifically, ugly C++ with way too many
abbreviations in function names, and lots of comments in German.

Post a reply to this message

Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
> > Invisible escreveu:
> >> Dang. If only OpenOffice had been implemented in a programming language
> >> which facilitates operational proofs...
> >
> > nothing prevents you from writing a static analyzer for java code and
> > work on from there... :p
>
> Ugh, why do so many people insist OpenOffice is written in Java, and
> continue spreading the myth?
>
> It's not Java, it's C++. Specifically, ugly C++ with way too many
> abbreviations in function names, and lots of comments in German.

I know that, but the myth is so widespread that for some subconscious reason I
automatically wrote java...

in any case, a static code analyzer for C++ code should be much more of a
challenge... :p

Post a reply to this message