POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Diabolo (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Diabolo
Date: 7 Sep 2010 14:36:46
Message: <4c86863e@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 05/09/2010 09:28 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> > Fun, isn't it?

> So I'm guessing nobody knows what the hell I'm on about...

> http://www.diabolotricks.co.uk/

> In just a few hours, I managed to learn the Floor Start, the High Throw,
> the Trapeze and even a variation on the Trapeze which doesn't seem to be
> listed here. I believe it's called Cat's Cradle.

> I'm really quite impressed at how good I managed to get in such a short
> space of time. And it's really awesome fun to do.

  You have to juggle four of them at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_nV5TZ5LE

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Florian Pesth
Date: 8 Sep 2010 02:36:13
Message: <4c872edd@news.povray.org>
Am Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:36:46 -0400 schrieb Warp:

> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> I'm really quite impressed at how good I managed to get in such a short
>> space of time. And it's really awesome fun to do.
>
>   You have to juggle four of them at the same time.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_nV5TZ5LE

BTW, that was filmed at the European Juggling Convention 2008 in
Karlsruhe, Germany. I'm planning to learn more contact juggling (this
thing, it is surprisingly difficult:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iC3b5JnSIE

and then go to the EJC 2011, which will be in Germany again (Munich),

http://ejc2011.org/

 maybe just as a visitor, but I'm sure one can learn a lot there. So
maybe we can make an inofficial povray jugglers meeting there :)

Post a reply to this message

Am Wed, 08 Sep 2010 02:36:13 -0400 schrieb Florian Pesth:

> Am Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:36:46 -0400 schrieb Warp:
>
>> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>> I'm really quite impressed at how good I managed to get in such a
>>> short space of time. And it's really awesome fun to do.
>>
>>   You have to juggle four of them at the same time.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_nV5TZ5LE
>
> BTW, that was filmed at the European Juggling Convention 2008 in
> Karlsruhe, Germany. I'm planning to learn more contact juggling (this
> thing, it is surprisingly difficult:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iC3b5JnSIE

Also for different styles, this is nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ctefchZGw

Post a reply to this message

Florian Pesth <fpe### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Karlsruhe, Germany. I'm planning to learn more contact juggling (this
> thing, it is surprisingly difficult:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iC3b5JnSIE

Wow. Never seen it done that well before. And the ball is a natural hook for a
povray user ;)

Post a reply to this message

Am Wed, 08 Sep 2010 04:07:35 -0400 schrieb Bill Pragnell:

> Florian Pesth <fpe### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> Karlsruhe, Germany. I'm planning to learn more contact juggling (this
>> thing, it is surprisingly difficult:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iC3b5JnSIE
>
> Wow. Never seen it done that well before. And the ball is a natural hook
> for a povray user ;)

Indeed :). <povray ontopic>Some use even chrome spheres</ontopic>

Post a reply to this message

On 9/8/2010 2:36 AM, Florian Pesth wrote:
> Am Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:36:46 -0400 schrieb Warp:
>
>> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>>> I'm really quite impressed at how good I managed to get in such a short
>>> space of time. And it's really awesome fun to do.
>>
>>    You have to juggle four of them at the same time.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_nV5TZ5LE
>
> BTW, that was filmed at the European Juggling Convention 2008 in
> Karlsruhe, Germany. I'm planning to learn more contact juggling (this
> thing, it is surprisingly difficult:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iC3b5JnSIE

I have seen that type of stuff done before, I would swear there was a
gyroscope in the sphere to do some of those tricks.

Now you have added another thing to my 'must learn list'. Looks like
that would blend very well with fan form taiji.

Post a reply to this message