POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: Diabolo Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diabolo
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Sep 2010 04:14:00
Message: <4c986948@news.povray.org>
On 20/09/2010 11:01 PM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> How do you avoid tying the string in knots? It looks like some of those
> moves would put loops around the axel; I guess that is part of learning
> the tricks.

One of the tricks is indeed to put a loop around the axle. This allows
the string to impart greater speed to the diabolo. The trick is to then
unwrap it again. (I always seem to end up unwrapping in the wrong
direction...)

But yeah, sure, designing new tricks is more difficult than you'd
imagine, partly for this reason. ;-)