POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pretty .... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Pretty .... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Pretty ....
Date: 2 Sep 2010 10:46:02
Message: <4c7fb8aa@news.povray.org>
Complex numbers can be so pretty....

complex.jpg shows e^(10/z)
complex2.jpg shows (z^2-i)/(2z^2+2i) using brightness to indicate
magnitude.
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'complex.jpg' (56 KB) Download 'complex2.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'complex.jpg'
complex.jpg

Preview of image 'complex2.jpg'
complex2.jpg

From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Pretty ....
Date: 4 Sep 2010 12:34:17
Message: <4c827509@news.povray.org>
On 9/2/2010 7:42 AM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> Complex numbers can be so pretty....
>
> complex.jpg shows e^(10/z)
> complex2.jpg shows (z^2-i)/(2z^2+2i) using brightness to indicate
> magnitude.

Very nice!  I assume that you wrote the visualization program yourself?
  If so, are you planning on implementing more ways of visualizing
complex functions?

Post a reply to this message