POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New TB Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  New TB (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: New TB
Date: 3 Sep 2010 12:12:43
Message: <4c811e7b$1@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque wrote:
> On your keyboard.  ;-)

Or space bar, which means "scroll down a page, unless I'm at the last
message, in which case go to the next unread message."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven:

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Sep 2010 12:55:08
Message: <4c81286c@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Then again, how many programs have you seen where you can't even
>> resize a window?
>
> Or worse, people who don't bother to look at how big text is before they
> lay out their window, so cut off half the text if you're not using the
> same font size as the authors.
>
> But yes, this is bascially the problem that for many years there were no
> Windows graphics APIs that took anchors and stretch-factors and such and
> resized things automatically to fit the window. I've never seen this on
> (for example) a Tcl interface, where it's easier to do it right than wrong.

I've just seen a GTK dialog where half the dialog text doesn't fit
unless you manually enlarge the window (i.e., it opens too small
initially). I have no idea how they could get that wrong, but hey...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/