POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Priorities Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Priorities (Message 31 to 40 of 54)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Priorities
Date: 1 Sep 2010 09:20:25
Message: <4c7e5319$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now I have words: Oh...dear...God...
> Is that "Oh dear, God...."
> or
> "Oh, dear God."?

I would suggest it's the latter.

Also: This is apparently why legal documents don't contain punctuation.
(Yes, I realise that makes no sense at all...)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 1 Sep 2010 09:47:14
Message: <4c7e5962$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/31/2010 1:25 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Hey, most people have to do something dull to earn a living. ;-)

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
.
.
.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Also: This is apparently why legal documents don't contain punctuation.
> (Yes, I realise that makes no sense at all...)

Oh it makes perfect sense, so that the interpretation is open for debate,
which inevitably leads to a court case whereby more legal-types can make
even more money :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> Also: This is apparently why legal documents don't contain punctuation.
>> (Yes, I realise that makes no sense at all...)
>
> Oh it makes perfect sense, so that the interpretation is open for
> debate, which inevitably leads to a court case whereby more legal-types
> can make even more money :-)

Or rather, it makes perfect sense in that if it's open to
interpretation, you can interpret it in whatever way is most beneficial
to you. :-/

Post a reply to this message