POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  kindle (Message 51 to 60 of 92)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: kindle
Date: 25 Aug 2010 22:26:32
Message: <8762yyf6po.fsf@fester.com>
Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> writes:

>> Honest question. The things preventing me from buying one are worry over
>> how long I can keep any books I buy, and because I've shifted to
>> libraries anyway.
>
> Well, that's the reason I didn't get a Kindle, honestly - with the whole
> fiasco Amazon had over 1984, I prefer something where I can back up my
> books manually (which I can do with the Nook).

My concern is about the DRM, as well. Having the file around 30 years
from now is no use if I can't read it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 25 Aug 2010 22:36:12
Message: <4c75d31c$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> My concern is about the DRM, as well. Having the file around 30 years
> from now is no use if I can't read it.

That was what stopped me from getting a kindle or whatever when they first
came out, yes. But if I want the book again 10 years from now, I'll just buy
it again.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven: