POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 84°F Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  84°F (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: 84°F
Date: 30 Aug 2010 08:32:39
Message: <4c7ba4e7@news.povray.org>
On 8/27/2010 5:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Yeah, that short toll bit wasn't near the airport, but the frontage roads
> I was talking about were in/out of the airport property.
>
> Jim

Can you get to the terminals via the frontage road?

This seems like a huge hole in their scheme to charge for parking ....
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Austin
Date: 30 Aug 2010 13:12:05
Message: <4c7be665$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/27/2010 12:55 PM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 8/26/2010 9:57 AM, Tom Austin wrote:
>

>> I guess I am likely to get a nice letter int he mail stating that I owe
>> $3.43 in tolls and $135 in fines for not paying the tolls int he first
>> place.
>>

> Yeah, what Darren said ... The rental company will probably absorb the
> toll fees. Either that or they'll send you a bill for the tolls... But
> there's no fine.

I wasn't worried at the time - just annoyed that there was nothing
stating how it worked.

> What's fun is the 190 turnpike (George Bush Turnpike) used to have toll
> booths, but they move to all-electronic. So you have these huge slabs of
> concrete collecting dust...

I haven't been through Texas much - mostly the pan-handle on I-40.  Do
drivers still have to drive through the toll booths or did they change
something?

Post a reply to this message