POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keep Talking Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Keep Talking (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Keep Talking
Date: 16 Aug 2010 15:55:36
Message: <4c6997b8@news.povray.org>
It just occurred to me, while listening to "Keep Talking" by Pink Floyd
that the electronic voice might be Stephen Hawking.

A quick look at Wikipedia confirms this.

Why didn't I figure that one out sooner?
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> It just occurred to me, while listening to "Keep Talking" by Pink Floyd
> that the electronic voice might be Stephen Hawking.
>
> A quick look at Wikipedia confirms this.
>
> Why didn't I figure that one out sooner?

O RLY?

Do we have a source more reliable than Wikipedia to confirm this?

I'm surprised Pink Floyd would bother going to such lengths. (It's not
like you can tell the difference.) Unless they just sampled it from some
pre-existing source, that is...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> It just occurred to me, while listening to "Keep Talking" by Pink
>> Floyd that the electronic voice might be Stephen Hawking.
>>
>> A quick look at Wikipedia confirms this.
>>
>> Why didn't I figure that one out sooner?
>
> O RLY?
>
> Do we have a source more reliable than Wikipedia to confirm this?

I remember it being discussed at lengths on radio shows when the album
came out.

Now, whethter my memory is a more reliable source than Wikipedia is
another matter...

> I'm surprised Pink Floyd would bother going to such lengths. (It's not
> like you can tell the difference.) Unless they just sampled it from some
> pre-existing source, that is...

They asked, he said yes.  You have to remember that around the same
time, he also appeared in Star Trek and Simpsons episodes.  It's not
like he's a recluse!

On 8/16/2010 4:10 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>> It just occurred to me, while listening to "Keep Talking" by Pink
>> Floyd that the electronic voice might be Stephen Hawking.
>>
>> A quick look at Wikipedia confirms this.
>>
>> Why didn't I figure that one out sooner?
>
> O RLY?
>
> Do we have a source more reliable than Wikipedia to confirm this?

Hmm. Lets see.... A google for Pink Floyd and Stephen Hawking shows
dozens of sites... So, there must be something to it.

> I'm surprised Pink Floyd would bother going to such lengths. (It's not
> like you can tell the difference.) Unless they just sampled it from some
> pre-existing source, that is...

They (according to Wikipedia) sampled it from a BBC documentary. Makes
sense. That sort of thing is done all the time. They just get the rights.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message