POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keep Talking : Re: Keep Talking Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keep Talking
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 17 Aug 2010 08:28:07
Message: <4c6a8057$1@news.povray.org>

> Mike Raiford wrote:
>> It just occurred to me, while listening to "Keep Talking" by Pink
>> Floyd that the electronic voice might be Stephen Hawking.
>>
>> A quick look at Wikipedia confirms this.
>>
>> Why didn't I figure that one out sooner?
>
> O RLY?
>
> Do we have a source more reliable than Wikipedia to confirm this?

I remember it being discussed at lengths on radio shows when the album
came out.

Now, whethter my memory is a more reliable source than Wikipedia is
another matter...

> I'm surprised Pink Floyd would bother going to such lengths. (It's not
> like you can tell the difference.) Unless they just sampled it from some
> pre-existing source, that is...

They asked, he said yes.  You have to remember that around the same
time, he also appeared in Star Trek and Simpsons episodes.  It's not
like he's a recluse!