POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : JCTI CCAT Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  JCTI CCAT (Message 19 to 28 of 48)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: JCTI CCAT
Date: 21 Jul 2010 15:11:34
Message: <4c474666$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Warp's done the same thing here as well - and in a small sample, sure, I
> can prove that over 50% of people are of above average intelligence as
> well by picking numbers that prove that.  That doesn't prove anything
> with regards to a large population distribution, though.

Perhaps the difference is that Warp's making a theoretical point while
you're making a practical one?  It's certainly true in a theoretical
sense that there can be distributions where the mean is different than
the median even with many samples (which is what Warp is saying), but
for the particular case of IQ this doesn't seem to be the case (which is
what I think you're saying).

Did I understand correctly?

Post a reply to this message