POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random wondering of my own... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  A random wondering of my own... (Message 60 to 69 of 109)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A random wondering of my own...
Date: 22 Jul 2010 13:37:06
Message: <4c4881c2$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Essentially, this is a simulated observation that demonstrates the theory
> of Hawking radiation is sound.

So, what you're saying is, Hawking used math to predict hairy black holes.
Carusotto took the same math applied to a Bose condensate, and predicted
you'd see the same sort of effect from it, without actually creating a Bose
condensate in the laboratory.

And this shows that black holes emit radiation?

Hey, my math says I can build a Wells-type time machine. And look, they even
made a movie of it, so that proves it would work!

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback

Post a reply to this message