POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Feel the beat (Message 1 to 10 of 90)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Feel the beat
Date: 17 Jul 2010 11:40:14
Message: <4c41cede@news.povray.org>
Or at least, count it. Yes, today I bought a heart monitor.

Or rather, I bought two. The first one looks like a normal wrist watch.
"No chest strap!" it boasts. Which is true, but unfortunately to
complete the circuit you have to touch the metal frame with your other
hand. Only when you do this do you get a reading. Which is of course

So I returned it to the shop and got a nearly identical device which
also comes with a chest strap. This transmits wirelessly to the watch,
which displays a reading and some basic statistics.

So now I'm probably going to spend the rest of the way obsessing about
my heart rate. ;-)

Assuming this device is anywhere near accurate... should I be worried
that I'm idling at about 75 BPM, it hit 101 BPM at one point, and I
haven't actually got out of my chair yet?? o_O

(Seriously. I got the thing working, and I thought "right, this is gonna
be fun!" And I rubbed my hands with glee. And the counter hit 101 BPM!)

It'll be interesting to see what kind of readings I get tonight. I'm
going out to a Rock & Roll dance night. Up to 5 hours of Rock & Roll
dancing, likely to be combined with high temperatures, high humidity and
social stress.

Maybe you guys could take bets on what my maximal BPM reading for the
evening will be? :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> also comes with a chest strap. This transmits wirelessly to the watch,

I got one of these, then discovered that the chest strap is compatible with
gym exercise equipment as well. If you go somewhere like a gym and check out
the stairmaster type things or the bikes, see if it works with them.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback

Post a reply to this message

>> also comes with a chest strap. This transmits wirelessly to the watch,
>
> I got one of these, then discovered that the chest strap is compatible
> with gym exercise equipment as well. If you go somewhere like a gym and
> check out the stairmaster type things or the bikes, see if it works with
> them.

Hmm, OK. Well I doubt I'll ever be inside a gym (far, far too
expensive), but I'll bear that in mind.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/