POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2010 12:46:33
Message: <4c41de69$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Assuming this device is anywhere near accurate... should I be worried
> that I'm idling at about 75 BPM, it hit 101 BPM at one point, and I
> haven't actually got out of my chair yet?? o_O

More puzzling is that sitting doing something gives me a lower reading
than sitting doing nothing. I can only imagine because I'm not staring
at the display and going "OMG, that's really high!" Like, just now, as
I'm typing this, I glanced down and saw a reading of 63 BPM. That's the
first time I've ever seen it drop below 70 BPM. Playing music, listening
to music, typing, anything but doing nothing seems to lower my heart rate.

Also puzzling is the way I do something (e.g., walk up stairs), look at
the reading, and it's, say, 95 BPM. Then I sit down, and the reading
rises to 115 BPM. Wuh??

And then, just occasionally, the meter gives me seemingly bogus
readings. Like just a minute ago, it said 88 BPM. I took two paces, and
it said 237 BPM - which seems *highly* implausible to me. :-P I reset
it, and it went back to reading 88. Go figure!

I haven't tried doing anything actually energetic yet...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/