POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cheese Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Cheese (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Cheese
Date: 11 Jul 2010 05:03:40
Message: <4c3988ec$1@news.povray.org>
The cheese buses are cute, it's worth taking a look.
http://www.loaflovetour.com/#/bus
Great paint job, they have three of them on a sales tour.

The cheese is OK too. =)

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Subject: Re: Cheese
Date: 11 Jul 2010 07:53:46
Message: <4c39b0ca$1@news.povray.org>

news: 4c3988ec$1@news.povray.org...
I owned one of these in the last 70's but is was deep green with a white
(gelcoat+ fiberglass matt) roof . It was longer with at least 2 extra
windows on the side :)
> The cheese buses are cute, it's worth taking a look.
indeed but why orange? do they support Nederlands soccer team?
> http://www.loaflovetour.com/#/bus
> Great paint job, they have three of them on a sales tour.
>
> The cheese is OK too. =)
Cheddar tasty??? come and taste some French cheeses there are so different
^^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_cheeses

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 12 Jul 2010 05:09:52
Message: <4c3adbe0$1@news.povray.org>
> indeed but why orange?

They're painted to look exactly like a Tillamook baby loaf of
cheddar, they put mild and medium in orange wrappers,
and sharp in red wrappers.

If you don't see the Tillamook cheese in your local store
all the time it might not have the same impact.

> do they support Nederlands soccer team?

They are probably suporters of the Portland Timbers.
http://www.portlandtimbers.com/

> I owned one of these in the last 70's but is was deep green with a white
> (gelcoat+ fiberglass matt) roof . It was longer with at least 2 extra
> windows on the side :)

The short wheel-base is from customizing, there's a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=creBatWYD5E

> come and taste some French cheeses there are so different

I'm sure France makes tasty cheese, imported cheese
is usually expensive here. There are many small artisan
cheeses in about the same price range.
I'm eating some gjetost ATM, but that's a Norwegian cheese.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 12 Jul 2010 13:34:19
Message: <4c3b521b$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/07/2010 12:53 PM, M_a_r_c wrote:
>> The cheese is OK too. =)
> Cheddar tasty??? come and taste some French cheeses there are so different
> ^^

French cheeses are good, I love Camembert and Brie. But Cheddar has its
place, it is unbeatable between two slices of bread and butter, it goes
marvellously with toast and when it is toasted as Welsh Rarebit it takes
on another dimension. :-D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen