POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Truth Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Truth (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Invisible
Subject: Truth
Date: 9 Jul 2010 04:36:33
Message: <4c36df91$1@news.povray.org>
Last night while watching QI I flailed myself with a deformable green
plastic millipede named Cyril that smells of lime.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Truth
Date: 9 Jul 2010 08:50:53
Message: <4c371b2d@news.povray.org>
On 7/9/2010 3:36 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Last night while watching QI I flailed myself with a deformable green
> plastic millipede named Cyril that smells of lime.

Too much truth! Arrghh...

OK, Seriously, I don't get it.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jul 2010 10:55:06
Message: <4c37384a@news.povray.org>
>> Last night while watching QI I flailed myself with a deformable green
>> plastic millipede named Cyril that smells of lime.
>
> Too much truth! Arrghh...
>
> OK, Seriously, I don't get it.

It's an accurate description of what happened last night. I merely
posted it because it seemed especially random.

I don't know *why* my mother bought a small plastic toy, or why she
named it Cyril. I have no idea what it's made of, but it has a most
bizare texture. It's absurdly elastic, capable of being stretched to
many, many times its original size. It has a seemingly wet surface, and
indeed even seems to make your fingers sticky. And it smells of sweet
limes. WTF?

It's also very amusing to whirl it around. The centrifugal forces cause
it to extend to great length (which only increases the centrifugal
forces it experiences). With just a few casual flicks of the wrist, you
have a huge flailing weapon of death!

Or at least, mild ticking...

Post a reply to this message

> I don't know *why* my mother bought a small plastic toy,

 From the description, I expect it's a wall-walker. Throw it against
something like a window or a mirror, near the top.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:36:32 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Last night while watching QI I flailed myself with a deformable green
> plastic millipede named Cyril that smells of lime.

What series of QI?  Is it new?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Last night while watching QI I flailed myself with a deformable green
>> plastic millipede named Cyril that smells of lime.
>
> What series of QI?  Is it new?

Given that it was on Dave, I doubt it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:16:54 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Last night while watching QI I flailed myself with a deformable green
>>> plastic millipede named Cyril that smells of lime.
>>
>> What series of QI?  Is it new?
>
> Given that it was on Dave, I doubt it.

Oh well.

Jim