POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings #13457681 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Random wonderings #13457681 (Message 51 to 59 of 59)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Random wonderings #13457681
Date: 13 Jul 2010 08:45:14
Message: <4c3c5fda$1@news.povray.org>
> In fact, most european languages have very well-defined and predictable
> pronounciation rules. If you see an unfamiliar word, you might not know
> what it
> means but you can always pronounce it correctly.

Also it works the other way too, if you hear a word you don't know, you can
usually spell it correctly.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 13 Jul 2010 09:50:01
Message: <web.4c3c6de0a894a1cd6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > In fact, most european languages have very well-defined and predictable
> > pronounciation rules. If you see an unfamiliar word, you might not know
> > what it
> > means but you can always pronounce it correctly.
>
> Also it works the other way too, if you hear a word you don't know, you can
> usually spell it correctly.

Indeed. I'm not great at french, but I'm just good enough to separate and
visualise (and therefore spell) unfamiliar words some of the time. Should really
try to practice it more... :)

Post a reply to this message