POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh. Joy. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Oh. Joy. (Message 1 to 10 of 34)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Oh. Joy.
Date: 8 Jul 2010 10:50:39
Message: <4c35e5bf$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Oh. Joy.
Date: 8 Jul 2010 11:11:43
Message: <4c35eaaf$1@news.povray.org>
"The subterranean methane is pressurized at 100,000 pounds psi.
According to Matt Simmons, an oil industry expert, the methane pressure
at the wellhead has now skyrocketed to a terrifying 40,000 pounds psi."

Who the **** says "pounds psi"?

First, basic grammer dictates that it's PSI (if not P.S.I.). Second, the
P *stands for* pounds, idiot! :-P

Now don't get me wrong, but this whole document seems very heavy on
scary words like "gaping wound" and "deadly toxic chemicals", and a
little light on facts. So I'm not too concerned just yet...

Post a reply to this message