POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh. Joy. : Re: Oh. Joy. Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh. Joy.
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Jul 2010 11:11:43
Message: <4c35eaaf$1@news.povray.org>
"The subterranean methane is pressurized at 100,000 pounds psi.
According to Matt Simmons, an oil industry expert, the methane pressure
at the wellhead has now skyrocketed to a terrifying 40,000 pounds psi."

Who the **** says "pounds psi"?

First, basic grammer dictates that it's PSI (if not P.S.I.). Second, the
P *stands for* pounds, idiot! :-P

Now don't get me wrong, but this whole document seems very heavy on
scary words like "gaping wound" and "deadly toxic chemicals", and a
little light on facts. So I'm not too concerned just yet...