POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I going to die? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Am I going to die? (Message 5 to 14 of 54)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Am I going to die?
Date: 1 Jul 2010 02:31:37
Message: <4c2c3649$1@news.povray.org>
Personally, I hope so but not just now ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 1 Jul 2010 10:35:12
Message: <4c2ca7a0$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/30/2010 3:56 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Am+I+going+to+die%3F
>
> It used to give an error. Thanks to my feedback, it now works correctly.
> ;-)

Hoo boy... this could be a time waster:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=what+is+the+meaning+of+life%2C+the+universe+and+everything%3F

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=What+is+the+ultimate+question%3F

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=how+much+wood+could+a+woodchuck+chuck+if+a+woodchuck+could+chuck+wood%3F

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=why+am+I+here%3F

Geesh... this is just spooky.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Where+am+I%3F

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Jul 2010 10:50:00
Message: <web.4c2caa41a358f7696dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Geesh... this is just spooky.

I especially like the last one. Here's another:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=how+many+beans+make+five

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Jul 2010 11:05:01
Message: <web.4c2cae15a358f7696dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
> Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Geesh... this is just spooky.
>
> I especially like the last one. Here's another:
>
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=how+many+beans+make+five

OMG this is a fun game

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=do+you+feel+lucky+punk

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=are+you+talkin+to+me

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=what+is+the+matrix

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=who%27s+the+man

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=what%27s+up

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=how+many+fingers+am+i+holding+up

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 1 Jul 2010 11:21:39
Message: <4c2cb283$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Geesh... this is just spooky.
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Where+am+I%3F

What's more fascinating is the method they use to do this. In addition to
all the things you'd think of, the company that publishes the database also
has deals with Amazon, AOL, etc to get lists of IP vs sign-up geographic
locations.  So when you sign up for a service (Amazon, facebook, etc) from a
particular IP, that and the address goes to the company, who then do
statistics to figure out if enough people with similar IP addresses are
putting in similar physical addresses.

At least, that's one way MaxMind works, and that's pretty much what most
people use.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback