POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I going to die? : Re: Am I going to die? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I going to die?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Jul 2010 15:55:19
Message: <4c2cf2a7$1@news.povray.org>
>> Wolfram Alpha: Wasting your time since 2009.(tm)
>
> That's OK. We can prove wasting time is Turing-equivalent to a CA.

Heh. I like the way you can fire up WA and just type stuff, and it's
like Star Trek - the computer spits out all sorts of formulas,
equations, graphs and so on. It's like SciFi.

The only problem is... when you actually want something specific, WA has
literally no clue what you're talking about.

Actually, no - the *other* problem is that WA serves no real purpose,
unless you happen to be a math geek. All the unit conversions and
currency conversions and all that stuff that normal people might want,
Google can already do. And it has done for years. WA doesn't really
offer anything new that's of practical use.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/