POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An Unholy Winning Streak Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  An Unholy Winning Streak (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: An Unholy Winning Streak
Date: 11 Jun 2010 14:37:58
Message: <4c128285@news.povray.org>
> >   However, if you sell it for the proof to the P=NP question and the
> > Riemann hypothesis, that would be something. (Or at least you would get
> > 2 million dollars richer, and famous among the scientific community.)

> Unfortunately, we're dealing with the Devil here. He'd probably agree to
> buy my soul in return for the proof of P=NP, and then it turns out that
> actually P /= NP so I get nothing (but He still gets my soul...)

  Of course you have to negotiate. When the scientific community accepts
the proofs, then the soul ownership is transferred, not before.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 11 Jun 2010 16:15:42
Message: <4c12996e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2010-06-10 18:45, John VanSickle wrote:
> Some of you probably know how I accomplished this.

Only on 77 wins/77 played, myself.

However, I do know that only one of the games in its repertoire is
actually unsolvable.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

>> Unfortunately, we're dealing with the Devil here. He'd probably agree to
>> buy my soul in return for the proof of P=NP, and then it turns out that
>> actually P /= NP so I get nothing (but He still gets my soul...)
>
>   Of course you have to negotiate. When the scientific community accepts
> the proofs, then the soul ownership is transferred, not before.

Ah. I see you've delt with Satan before? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> However, I do know that only one of the games in its repertoire is
> actually unsolvable.

There /is/ an unsolvable game??

Post a reply to this message