POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An Unholy Winning Streak : Re: An Unholy Winning Streak Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An Unholy Winning Streak
From: John VanSickle
Date: 13 Jun 2010 12:14:06
Message: <4c1503ce$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Some of you probably know how I accomplished this.
>
> you've made a pact with the devil? :P

No, it's simpler.  When I see that I am not going to lose, but before
the program declares the game lost, I simply stop playing and leave the
game and application running.  When Windows shuts down, it closes the
app without finishing the game (or even bothering to ask) and does not
record the game as either a win or a loss.  As far as the record goes,
the game never happened.

This is all on the version that comes with WinXP.  Later versions may
not be as forgiving.

Regards,
John